Monday, September 12, 2011

Old T-Shirts Part 6 - Gorilla

Over the next little while I'm going to be throwing out some old shirts that are worn out.  I hate getting rid of old shirts because they hold so many great memories for me.  I've decided, for the next little while, to post short stories about each shirt so they can be remembered forever... or at least until the internet is obsolete.
This shirt holds two memories for me.  One of the memories is very specific, the other is very general.  The specific memory came about one day while shopping at a mall.  I was wearing this shirt at a bookstore when the employee asked me if I liked Gorillas.  I asked him "the band or the animals?"  He looked at me strangely and didn't say another word.  I should have just said yes, because I in fact like them both.  The generally memory of this shirt comes from where I bought it.  I got this shirt at the Metro Toronto Zoo, one of my favourite places to visit in the whole world.  I haven't been back in a few years, but it's one of the places I miss most about my hometown.

Later