Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Old T-Shirts Part 4 - The Goofy Shirt Legacy

Over the next little while I'm going to be throwing out some old shirts that are worn out.  I hate getting rid of old shirts because they hold so many great memories for me.  I've decided, for the next little while, to post short stories about each shirt so they can be remembered forever... or at least until the internet is obsolete.
This shirt itself isn't really anything memorable, however the fact that it's a Goofy shirt really is.  When I was younger, and really into old time Disney cartoons, I loved Goofy.  Don't get me wrong, I still love Goofy, but I was a Goofy fanatic.  I used to go to the Disney store regularly to see if they had any new Goofy stuff in stock.  The employees at the Disney store knew me and would often pull stuff from the back for me, a new Goofy shirt was always the crown jewel.  At one point I owned more than a dozen Goofy shirts and I loved each and every one of them.  Well this shirt represents the last of that line.  I have since expanded my t-shirt fanaticism but I'll never forget the Goofy era.

Later