Friday, September 2, 2011

Old T-Shirts Part 2 - The Gotham Girls

Over the next little while I'm going to be throwing out some old shirts that are worn out.  I hate getting rid of old shirts because they hold so many great memories for me.  I've decided, for the next little while, to post short stories about each shirt so they can be remembered forever... or at least until the internet is obsolete.
This is actually Allison's least favorite shirt that I own, and I can understand why.  The memory I have with this shirt comes from the day I bought it.  I was digging through the shelves of my favorite comic shop of all time, Silver Snail in Toronto.  It was the day that I was going to go pick up my regular batch of comic books, a Wednesday, and I saw that this shirt had just come in.  I'm a huge fan of Bruce Tim's artwork (he's the guy who drew the image on this shirt) and I love the female characters from Batman, so it was a perfect fit.  I bought this shirt before they even put it out on the shelves.  This memory is fond for me because frankly I'm not really into comics the way I used to be.  I don't hunt out the latest titles, and more so, I don't live in Toronto anymore home of the best comic shop in the world.  So I've changed interests a little, moved geographically, but I haven't grown up I swear.

Later