Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crazy Art I Saw In Belgium - Part 6

I'm no art expert at all.  Sure I make art all the time, but frankly I have no idea what's good art and what's bad art. I just make things that I like and hope others feel the same way.  On my recent trip to Belgium I came across a lot of art, and much of this art was a little strange to me.  I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying that I don't understand the narrative that the artist was trying to get across.
When I first approached this statue I thought the guy was holding a large severed hand.  Then I got a little closer and I doubted that anybody would create such a strange statue in a large public square.  Then I got even closer and realized that, yes in fact, someone had decided to depict a man throwing another mans severed hand.

Later