Monday, November 21, 2011

Crazy Art I Saw In Belgium - Part 5

I'm no art expert at all.  Sure I make art all the time, but frankly I have no idea what's good art and what's bad art. I just make things that I like and hope others feel the same way.  On my recent trip to Belgium I came across a lot of art, and much of this art was a little strange to me.  I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying that I don't understand the narrative that the artist was trying to get across.
How come no one finds naked babies offensive if their situated in a fountain?  How come no one cares about the abuse of sea turtle either?  If I recreated this statue in photographic form, even using photoshop as to not hurt any children or turtles, I would have the authorities at my door in a matter of minutes.  However if I sculpt this, put it outside for the public to see, next to a fake pond, it's art.

Later