Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Crazy Art I Saw In Belgium - Part 1

I'm no art expert at all.  Sure I make art all the time, but frankly I have no idea what's good art and what's bad art. I just make things that I like and hope others feel the same way.  On my recent trip to Belgium I came across a lot of art, and much of this art was a little strange to me.  I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying that I don't understand the narrative that the artist was trying to get across.
Modern art for the most part confuses me, or at the very least the message it tries to convey confuses me.  I often like what I see, but I just don't understand why it was made, or why it might represent social injustice.  This mishmash of brightly coloured wood is a perfect example of this.
This blob of wooden sticks looks pretty cool covering the street.  I noticed it from several blocks away and walked out of my way to check it out.
I'm not sure what it represents or why it was built, but I wasn't disappointed or offended by it.

Later