Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ideas I've Had That Ended Up Not Working Out - The Cheese Map

A few years back I decided that I wanted to learn how to say the word "cheese" in as many languages as possible.  I figured since I travel a bit, and I have lots of friends from all over the world,  it wouldn't be that hard.  The problem I have is my ability to remember languages, even a single word, so I kept forgetting how to say and spell it when people tell me.  I decided that I would create a Google map with markers in the countries where I could safely say cheese.  While it was fun to make at first, no one really understands why I do it, and often just refer me to Google translate.  I haven't really added any new translations in a while, probably because I keep forgetting how to spell the word when people tell me at social events.

You can check out the map here.

Later