Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mozart Goes Bananas

While in Vienna a stop to Mozart's grave is a must.  It's a little complicated to find, only because he's buried in one spot (sort of) but the main memorial to him is in another graveyard all together.  To make sure we had our bases covered Allison and I decided to visit both graveyards.  The photo above is the memorial in the graveyard where he is actually said to be buried (they're not really sure exactly where he's buried in the grave yard.  All of this searching around was a little strange, but not nearly as strange as what we found lying at this memorial.
Somebody has appeared to leave a bunch of bananas as a tribute to Mozart.  Now I'm not really up on my Mozart history, so I'm not really sure if bananas have some kind historical importance to the man.  It seems a little strange, but what do I know.

Later