Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Personal Elevators

One of the things I've come across in many of the homes here in Athens is a personal elevator.  In North America at least, the idea of this is really only for the super rich, but I've heard of at least two houses with them here in Athens.  One of such elevators can be found at my friend Lenny's place.
For the most part when I visit him, I play it cool and take the stairs like he does, however the other night I couldn't resist.
The reason I would want a personal elevator has less to do with the convenience and more to do with the crazy things I want to do in it.  If I had a personal elevator the first thing I'd do is ride in it naked.  I'm sure I'd spend the whole ride praying to god that it doesn't break down as well.  The second thing I'd like to do is play Aerosmiths "Love in an Elevator" really loud while ridding it.  After that and maybe after a few elevator races (you know with people, and Slinkies taking the stairs) I'd probably get pretty bored with it and wish I had some other kind of large mechanical contraption.

Later