Wednesday, August 10, 2022

My New Comic Project

Over the last little while I've started to work on a comic project that I conceptualized a few years back. I was inspired to start this project in Cambodia, so there's a lot of South East Asian influence. The working title of this project is "Blue Orchid", but that could change. 


At this point I've worked out the first story of the first comic, and I have some rough outlines for the following 3 issues. I feel like it's the kind of story that could continue further.


Unlike a lot of the other projects I've worked on in the past, including Snack Facts and Treats and Beasts, I've decided to take my time drawing this project. I have the story and layout done, but I'm not going to go straight to drawing the comic. Instead I'm going to spend a few months designing the characters, scenes and general drawing style I want the comic to take.

So stay tuned and I'll be writing about my progress here. I'll also be posting a few pieces here and there on social media as well.