Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Why I Didn't Post Last Week

I've had a few friends concerned about my lack of posts, on this blog.  I also had a few friends concerned when I posted this:
On Facebook.  I thought it was really cool, because this is in fact a scan of my brain.  What I didn't think about is the reaction that people would have to this, or more importantly the questions as to why my brain would need scanning.  I can't tell you that I scanned my brain for the fun of it, but I can tell you that the reason they scanned my brain was purely for precaution and the results have come back that I do not in fact have anything wrong with my brain... Well at least anything beyond my low self esteem, my fear of cows, and the occasional perverted thought.
What led to this brain scan, and the above photo of me riding in an ambulance, was an injury I sustained while traveling in Australia.  I was lifting a bag and it hurt my arm and shoulder a little.  I thought I'd give it a rest and see how it was, but it didn't really get better, only worse.  So I visited a doctor and he started to check me out.  Then, two days later, I woke up and my arm, hand, neck and parts of my head were numb.  Then came the picture above.
I went to the hospital, had many tests done, was poked repeatedly with safety pins, and eventually got an MRI.  The results took a few days... It's not much fun to think about MRI results over the weekend, it puts a damper on your plans.  But the results came, and it turns out that I don't have any brain damage, stroke, or any small Lego men stuck in my head.  What apparently happened was a not so serious, but very painful, spinal injury.  No surgery is required, but it will continue to hurt like hell for a while, and now I have to exercise.  The fact that I'm going to lose my "lazy guy" image is truly the saddest part of this whole ordeal.  But I'm fine, although I'm just a little sore, and I'm happy to report that Allison stole the safety pin that the doctors poked me with for me to keep out of spite.

Later