Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Someone Always Has It Worse Than You

I had a bad day the other day.  I was walking to the market to pick up some eggs.  I was feeling really good about myself at the time because I was getting things done, and people seemed to be generally happy with my performance as of late.  I was halfway to the market and I slipped on a curb, hurt my food (enough for a limp but nothing else), and destroyed my sandal.  I was a good 20 minute walk from home with no public transportation option available.  I then limped home in a broken sandal along the twisted and uneven streets of Athens.  I felt pretty crappy at that point.  I felt like the world wanted to be sure that I wasn't happy at all, and that I couldn't relax and enjoy my day ever.  Then I turned a corner and came across this (the photo above), surely someone had a crappier day than me.

Later