Friday, February 3, 2012

This Week In Athens

Look closely, you can see the Acropolis.
 I don't want to harp on this whole winter weather here in Athens, but I'm really sick of people envisioning me living in a tropical paradise.  It's not to say that Greece has really bad weather, it's just not always perfect.  In fact winter weather in Greece is cool, wet, and very, very grey.  Sure the snow didn't stick, and it's now about 14 degrees outside, but it's not sunny, and you can't go swimming or anything.
The fact that it doesn't stay cold is part of the problem for me.  I kind of wish it would stick for a little while so I could go out sledding, make a snow man, or even just make one snow ball.  In no time this snow is puddles of water all over the city, and these puddles make the marble sidewalks very slippery.  And for some reason Europeans have a love of running shoes with little to no grip.  This does nothing to keep me from falling on my ass.

Later