Monday, October 31, 2011

I'm An Old Man

Last night I was hanging out with some friends and I decided to head home early.  I jokingly told them that I was an "old man", they agreed, but assured me that I was their "favorite old man".  I left the get together feeling good about myself, I figured that our little joke about me being an old man was nothing to think about.  Then today, two things happened that made me feel like maybe it wasn't much of a joke.
First of all I was ridding a subway when I saw a guy that to me looked really old and feeble.  The thing is I looked at him, then I looked at his clothes and I thought to myself, man that guy is dressed exactly like I would dress.  I thought about it for a minute, and then I figured it was just a fluke and went on with my day.  The final straw came when I was walking through a subway station and a girl came up to me with balloons celebrating Google's new metro coverage on Google Maps.  She approached me as asked if I knew about the new feature on Google Maps, she then sized me up, and instead of giving me a fun balloon, she pulled this very dull button out of her pocket and gave it to me.  I guess she figured I was too old for a balloon.  The worst part of this whole situation is how happy I was about getting the button over the balloon.

Later