Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Old T-Shirts Part 1 - The Green Striped Gap Shirt

Over the next little while I'm going to be throwing out some old shirts that are worn out.  I hate getting rid of old shirts because they hold so many great memories for me.  I've decided, for the next little while, to post short stories about each shirt so they can be remembered forever... or at least until the internet is obsolete.
This shirt is pretty simple, it has no particular defining characteristics, and is actually a pretty common design.  It's so common that one day I went into work, only to find that someone else was wearing the same shirt.  Actually the shirt was almost the same, the other shirt was red with green and white stripes.  Either way, me and the other person knew we'd be in for a whole day of ripping from our co-workers.  This particular work place environment was well known for being harsh when it came to making fun of others.  It was friendly yet relentless.  However a spontaneous moment saved our day.  As we walked up to each other, rather than try and avoid the situation, we locked arms and started to do a Russian/Greek style silly dance.  We basically pretended to be silly dancing elves, it got great laughs and not another word was said about the shirt incident for the rest of the day.  On another note, at one point in my life, this was the fancy shirt I owned.

Later