Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Is This A Bathroom?

Lately I've had a bit of a dilemma while touring famous old houses.

These famous old houses are historical sites, and they're often decorated to look like they did a long time ago. These old houses often don't have bathrooms, instead they either have outhouses or chamber pots.

While I think it's safe to call the outhouses bathrooms, I've always been on the fence about saying a bedroom with a chamber pot is a bathroom.

For now I've decided to include them as I believe it gives a certain amount of historical value. Maybe in the future I'll change my mind, but if I see a bedroom in a historical house and there's a chamber pot, I'm including it in our Bathrooms We've Been To map.

Check out all the almost 1200 bathrooms we've been to all over the world: