Wednesday, June 22, 2016

300 TripAdvisor Reviews (My New Project)

I've decided to set a new goal for myself; I want to post 300 reviews on TripAdvisor. I already have a pretty good rating on TripAdvisor as it is with a few reviews, but I want to see what happens if I go nuts and start reviewing everything.

My first rule for this project is that it has to be completely legitimate. I will not review things so far back that they go beyond what TripAdvisor allows (about a year).  Fortunately the last year has been a busy one for me and includes a trip to Sri Lanka, Africa, India, and Thailand. I'll also make sure that I write fairly detailed reviews. If I dislike something I'll explain why in great detail, same thing goes if I love it.
The only thing that I might do that's a little shady is get some help. Allison may help me contribute a few reviews, as well as help me remember a few details.

I'm not really sure why I'm doing this. It was inspired by our last trip when I noticed that every single reviewer on TripAdvisor I’ve come across had very few other reviews. Seven seemed like the high average, and about 25 seemed like the record high. Where are those people who travel a lot, and why are people losing interest in their accounts? I guess I want to see what TripAdvisor will do to my account if the numbers get really high, and I want to be a realistic voice for reviews on this popular site.

So far I'm at 11 reviews, I still have a long way to go, but it'll be fun to do it.

Click here to see my reviews so far.

Later