Thursday, August 16, 2012

Art I'm Working On - Slices Vernissage Last Weekend

 Last weekend marked me officially finishing the art pieces now called "Spreads on Slices".  To celebrate this piece I decided to have a real vernissage.  Most people assume that a vernissage is just an opening for an art show, but really it used to be the celebration of applying the last layer of varnish to a piece.  I didn't want this to be a big party, but instead I wanted to thank a few people who really helped me finish this piece.  In fact I invited them over and let them apply the last layer of varnish. Eric, Justin, and Brigitte, seemed to have a pretty good time, and they did a great job at giving this piece one last coat.
As an additional bonus, for the vernissage I decided to put out some of the spreads that I used on the piece so they could sample them.  We had 16 of the 44 spreads out for tasting, and it really was a nice addition to the event.
You may have noticed that I haven't posted a picture of the finished piece.  Well I've decided to wait until it's inaugural showing later this year before I show it to the world... or at least the 4 or 5 people who read this blog.

Later