Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blurry Bathroom Photos

You may have noticed that many of the photos from the "Bathrooms I've Been To" map are really blurry.  I can assure you it has very little to do with my skills as a photographer, it has more to do with the very short time I have to take most photographs in public bathrooms without anyone else in the room with me.  I have a very strict policy of not taking pictures unless I know I'm completely alone and there is no chance of accidentally getting someone in shot.  The only exception to this rule is if the bathroom is very busy and I attempt to get a shot of the sign on the outside.  Even then I'm nervous about taking the picture and I try to keep people out of the shot as much as possible.  I have on a few occasions been taking the photo and just as I was finished, someone walked in. I've never been "caught", but had a few close calls.  So as you can imagine, if the risk of someone coming in is a little higher I take the photo as quickly as possible, and that can lead to blurry shots.

Click here to see where this blurry shot was taken.

Later