Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Top Secret Project... Revealed!

 Back in January I was asked to shoot some photos of Chief Tony Hunt's visit to Athens.  Chief Hunt is an aboriginal artist who carved a totem pole more than 30 years ago.  This totem pole somehow (I'll explain more later) made it into the hands of the Canadian Embassy in Athens, however by this point Chief Hunt had no idea where it was.  So I was lucky enough to shoot Chief Hunt returning to his totem pole here in Athens. Fast forward to about two weeks ago...
A restoration project has been created in order to return the totem pole back to its former glory (the Mediterranean sun is hell on Canadian wood).  I've been asked if I would follow the totem pole and document it through every phase of its restoration.  I'll be posting my photos and findings to a blog, Facebook page, Twitter account, and Youtube channel.  So far it's been a really fun project and it's only beginning.

Feel free to check out more on this project on the official blog.

Later