Friday, November 4, 2022

The Trouble With Traveling, Bathroom Edition

One of the biggest challenges I have when doing the bathroom map is when I'm traveling. I don't mean when I'm going someplace new, but when I'm actually going from point a to point b. If I take a photo of the bathroom in a plane, train or boat, I often do it while we're moving, and I rarely know exactly where we are. On airplanes I always try to take a look at the on board progress map as soon as I get out and take note of our location, but trains and boats are more challenging.

My general rule is to take my best guess and hope it's fairly accurate. Occasionally I might also look out a window right after using the bathroom to see if I can spot a landmark. Having said that, if you notice a bathroom marked in the middle of the ocean and it seems like a mistake, it's more likely that it's just a bathroom on a boat or airplane.

Check out the full map and see all the Bathrooms We've Been To.